[Yum] Problems getting headers

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 24 13:11:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 09:07, Stephen Granade wrote:
> I've been having problems with my daily yum cron job. For the last
> several days, every time it runs, I get the following error:
>
> Error getting file
> http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/9/headers/header.info
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> At first I just figured that my cable modem had dropped connection
> during the cron job, but it's occurred every day for the last three
> days. I can get to the header file just fine in the morning, either by
> Lynx or by yum itself. Any problems on mirror.dulug's end, or should I

Try running it by hand at the same time you run lynx. It might be that
mirror.dulug is just horribly overloaded (as it is :)

If it doesn't work try blowing away the header.info file in
/var/cache/yum/[repository name]/

if it still doesn't work gimme a bit more info and I'll see what I can
scare up.

oh and Hi Stephen, hope all is well.