[Yum] Another update, from Jonathan Pickard...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 24 12:38:22 UTC 2003

As I said yesterday, Jonathan has joined me in writing the HOWTO.  He
writes very quickly, and his first contribution (on yum-arch) is in the
draft just uploaded.  I've edited it just a bit inserting it into what I
already had, so blame me for the bad parts.

Note well, this is still a DRAFT, or if you prefer, a request for
comments.  Still big holes, still too verbose (it is actually a lot
harder to write tersely, and in a HOWTO it is sometimes a good thing to
go into detail, since people already have the man pages as a terse
resource) but we'll get there.

JP has also written another section on setting up an FTP repository that
I'll insert shortly, and then I'll tackle a few more of the empty
sections.  I'll really try to spend an hour or two a day on this until
it is done.  As yum goes into major distro's, it is really going to need
canned documentation for the total neophyte or this list will get a bit
"crowded" with FAQ's and Help Me Get Started requests...

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu