[Yum] how long to wait yum for resolve deps?

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at iki.fi
Tue Sep 23 22:32:32 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 07:11, seth vidal wrote:
> if you see the same stuff looping over and over and over again and
> nothing new gets added to it then you're in an infinite loop.

Well, with yum -d 5 I now ended up in a situation like this:

--<snip>--
looping count = 3
# of Deps = 1
debug dep: vorbis-tools req libogg - 1.0rc3 - 0
No suggestion for vorbis-tools needing libogg
Best version for libogg is 2:1.0-0.rh73.5
Got Extra Dep: libogg, i386
Restarting Dependency Loop
.identical dependency loop exceeded
package vorbis-tools needs libogg >= 1.0rc3 (not provided)
--</snip>--

So now the situation is different. But I think some packages have been
updated as my yum.conf points to RH73 repos and I forgot to switch the
automatic yum update off.

> what version of yum is this again?

Now it is:

yum-1.0.1-2.20030702.rh7.3.fr

Before the nightly update it was:

yum-1.0-1_73

Anyway, removing all ogg vorbis stuff fixed my situation and upgrade went
smoothly and I'm happy :)

--
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen at iki.fi>