[Yum] command line server selection

jonathan pickard jonathan at pickard-family.co.za
Tue Sep 23 21:45:35 UTC 2003

Hi
I have two local repositories on my RH9 machine
/var/ftp/pub/9/updates - these hold the redhat updates
/var/ftp/pub/9/rawhide - these hold the rawhide updates

I have two header files, one for each repository

my yum.conf file looks like this

[rh9 updates]
name=rh9 updates
baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/9/updates

#[rh9 rawhide]
#name=rawhide
#baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/9/rawhide

Basically I am a lazy guy so I try and use yum whenever I can as I cannot
be asked to sort out dependancies. I normally only want my system to be
updated with the packages in /9/updates. For this yum works fine. But if I
want to apply a package from rawhide eg evolution 1.4.4, I have to
un-comment the rawhide lines from the yum.conf file
run yum -y update evolution*
what for the update and all dependancies to finish
then recomment out rawhide in yum.conf.

Is there a better way (clever way) to selectively apply patches from
specific repositories?