[Yum] how long to wait yum for resolve deps?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Sep 22 04:11:43 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 17:01, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 21:34, seth vidal wrote:
> > Try it with a yum -d 5 - see if it is looping somewhere.
> >
> > I bet it is.
>
> You won your bet:
>

> How do I get out of it? Should I uninstall vorbis-tools?

nah - I didn't win my bet - the whee dep loop just means it's going back
through the dep check b/c something is changing state. It doesn't mean
that it's looping indefintely.

look to see if the same information is presented in the:
 Updating: foo, i386 sections

if you see the same stuff looping over and over and over again and
nothing new gets added to it then you're in an infinite loop.

what version of yum is this again?