[Yum] Re: Fallen. Can't get up.

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Thu Sep 18 16:05:38 UTC 2003

At 6:45 PM +0300 9/18/03, Axel Thimm wrote:
>Incidentially I have been pushed to support even 7.3 and have been
>preparing rpm 4.2 and yum 2.0.3 for all three platforms. I have built
>rpms, but I haven't set up systems < RH9 to test them yet. Any takers?

Why is the yum version number different? yum's site number is 1.x.x,
yours is 2.x.x. Don't understand this at all.

I use 8.0 at home and 9.0 at work. I'd be happy to test if I knew
what that involves. Are failures made obvious in some way?

>The descriptions are on the repo site itself, as a colored legend on
>every page on the bottom. The ones looking dangerous are intended to
>look like that ;)

The problem is there's no link (or better, a copy) of this text on
the yum repository page. The problem would vanish if your text were
to be copied there, or at least a clickable link to this text.

--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
   http://virtualschool.edu/mybank Digital Rights Management System