[Yum] Fallen. Can't get up.

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Sep 17 22:35:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:53, Brad Cox wrote:
> Not sure how this happened, but both up2date and yum disappeared from
> my RH 8.0 system. Tried downloading yum from dulag but the link on
> the download page is broken.
>
> So I compiled the srpm but the install step failed with
>
> [root at linux noarch]# rpm -Uvh yum-1.0.3-1_80.noarch.rpm         file
> /etc/yum.conf from install of yum-1.0.3-1_80 conflicts with file from
> package atrpms-13-16.rh8.0.at

ugh - ok - sorry about the broken link - I'll remove it - I don't have a
built yum-1.0.3-1_80.noarch.rpm b/c I don't have an 8.0 machine- could
someone build one for me?

Russ? You're captain build-machines, I've found. :)

second:
 the atrpms thing has something to do with one of the packages axel puts
in that binds the yum to a certain version.

do an rpm -q --requires atrpms

see if that lists a version of yum you are required to have.

Then go look at axel's repository - that should tell you where to get
that package.

good luck.