[Yum] Groups & Repositories - Best Way to Setup?

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 3 19:38:09 UTC 2003

Hi Seth, thanks for the quick response.  I think I will end up setting
up a small yumgroups.xml, like you mentioned.  I am not sure that using
a custom yum.conf will solve my problem.  Basically, I want to force the
machine to install everything in the 'group1' repo.  To do this, it may
need to install packages located in the RedHat Base repo, but if I have
both repositories listed in the yum.conf file, then doing a 'yum install
\*' would want to install *everything* in both the group repo and the RH
repo, correct?  I want it to install everything in the group repo, but
only the necesary dependencies it needs from the base repo...  As far as
I can tell, there is no way to do that without setting up the
yumgroups.xml file...

-Jeff