[Yum] Yum and RH AS 2.1

jcosta at lendleaserei.com jcosta at lendleaserei.com
Wed Oct 29 18:39:46 UTC 2003

Which repository should Yum be pointed  at? AS was based on RH 7.3--do I
point it to a 7.3 repository?

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           seth vidal           |
|         |           <skvidal at phy.duke.edu|
|         |           >                    |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           yum-bounces at lists.dul|
|         |           ug.duke.edu          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           10/29/2003 01:23 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "Yellowdog Updater,  |
|         |           Modified"            |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |       To:       "Yellowdog Updater, Modified" <yum at lists.dulug.duke.edu>                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Yum] Yum and RH AS 2.1                                                                                  |

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 12:27, jcosta at lendleaserei.com wrote:

> This may have been asked and answered, but how do I configure Yum to
update
> an AS installation? Is anyone doing this today?

IIRC, AS 2.1 is rpm 4.0.4 - so you'll need to use yum 1.0.X or update
your rpm to 4.1.1 and use yum 2.0.X.

otherwise, it should just work.

I need to backport some patches to 1.0.X to make things nicer there but
with all the other things I've just not had time.

<sigh>

If anyone wants to do backport patching of a very few, specific bug-ish
patches to 1.0.X email me, I can probably point you at what needs to
happen and why, pretty easily.

Thanks