[Yum] more newbie questions about [server] sections in yum.conf

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 25 17:47:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> > 1) is the "gpgcheck" line mandatory?  from seth's previous posting
> >    listing the default settings, gpgcheck is not listed there.  if
> >    it doesn't have a default setting, is there a reason for this?
> >    just curious.

> gpgcheck=0 is the defaut.
>
> if I set gpgcheck=1 as the default everyone and their brother would
> bitch.

oh, i definitely understand.  it's just that i didn't see *anything*
that defined the default value, or even that a default value for this
setting existed.

"man yum.conf" doesn't mention a default, and that list you posted
from config.py didn't appear to list a default value for it either.
that's why i was curious.

rday