[Yum] up2date + yum backend

Erik Williamson erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Oct 24 18:31:31 UTC 2003

Hi All,

<longshot>
Is there any chance that up2date on RHL 7.x-9 can use yum repos for a
backend?
</longshot>

I know that up2date 4.1.9 that comes with Fedora Core 1 Test 3 does...
but looking at the version numbers of the up2date clients on the other
releases is telling me 'no'.  I suppose I just answered my own question.

I've been running a current server here for a while (in addition to yum)
- but I just got my hands on some fancy new hardware for our yum/mirror
site, and I don't want to bother installing current.

Thanks,
e.

e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary