[Yum] Yum repo: Apache or VSFTP???

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark at trueposition.com
Fri Oct 24 13:52:15 UTC 2003

Seth said:

> You might want to look at a lighter-weight httpd server than apache
> though. Maybe something like thttpd. If you're just serving static
> content you don't need all the dynamic stuff that apache offers to
> really make it run.

That said, I'd be interested to hear more about the yum repo at Duke since
it is the default that most yum users end up hitting, both in and outside of
Duke.  What sort of box is it?  How is it configured?  What kind of load is
it seeing?

I'm using apache only because I've got a few virtual hosts, and with the
small number of yum clients I have (spreading their load out over a 2 hour
pseudo-randomized window) it's going to be a long long time before I need
anything more robust.

--Magnus