[Yum] Overriding excludes in yum.conf

Daniel Eriksson de at mensa.se
Fri Oct 24 09:27:43 UTC 2003

Hi.
I'm quite new to Yum and I'm so far think it's a very good program. One
question though:

I have put the line "exclude=kernel*" in my /etc/yum.conf since I don't
want yum to update my kernel without my interaction (because it tends to
break my nvidia drivers). However, when I _do_ want to update my kernel
it would be nice being able to do it with yum. I tried "yum update
kernel" which just told me there were no packages available for update
and I suppose this is because of the exclude setting.

What I'm trying to say is that it would be quite nice with some kind of
command line argument to override excludes in yum.conf. Or is there
already some way of doing this?

/Daniel Eriksson