[Yum] suse?

Piero Calucci calucci at yogi.sissa.it
Fri Oct 24 06:27:31 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 16:57, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 10:37:51AM -0400, Rhett Butler alleged:
> > yes-  folks that have recent versions of the beta verified that it has
> > rpm 4.1.1.
> >
> > newb comments/question:  suse seems to do updates with "update" rpms.
> > these rpms are not full versions of the packages they update. do other
> > distributions do this?  i could be wrong about this.  if not, will this
> > stand in the way of using yum for suse?
>
> This just pulled something out of my memory regarding an "rpm patch"
> thingy called rhmask that never seemed to take off.  I was a young newb
> the last time I saw it; I remember being somewhat confused by it.

I use suse at home -- but yum only at work, sorry. patch.rpm have
"rpmlib(PatchRPMs) <= 3.0.6-1" as last line of REQUIRENAME (opening the
patch.rpm with mc).  I really don't know _how_ they are generated from
the src.rpm, which is the same used for the "full" rpm.

btw, I'm going to install suse 9 next week (I hope)

pc