[Yum] out of space in /var

Sean O'Connell sean at ee.duke.edu
Thu Oct 23 14:37:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 10:18, seth vidal wrote:

> >   i notice that you can specify a different cache directory in yum.conf
> > with "cachedir", but there's no command-line option for that, right?
> > this is obviously not hard to work around, i just wanted to make sure
> > i knew all of my options and there wasn't an obscure yum feature that
> > would beat this.
>
> no command line directive for it, no. When I was looking at the config
> options it didn't seem like the best idea to make EVERYTHING a command
> line option - it just clutters the docs and makes the command line
> painful sometimes. If it isn't listed in yum --help then it's not a
> command line option. I think the --help usage has been kept fairly well
> updated.

One alternative would be to have an alternate configuration file that
sets the cachedir and use the -c flag with yum.

Sean
Sean O'Connell                                Email: sean at ee.duke.edu
Sr. Systems Programmer                        05A Hudson Hall
Electrical and Computer Engineering           Phone: (919) 660-5248
Duke University                               Fax:   (919) 660-5293