[Yum] Survey of Use

Alastair J Neil aneil2 at gmu.edu
Thu Oct 23 00:41:05 UTC 2003

> This  list is horribly biased, I'm sure, but what the heck:
>
> Send messages regarding how you use yum. I did this a few months ago but
> that was before the 'fedora uses yum' stuff and all the fun that comes
> with that. :)
>

> -sv

using yum to patch a number of linux computer lab systems and individual
workstations at the it&e lab in George Mason University.  I have my own
repository set up for RH 9 and 7.x patches and I am working on modified
scripts to do lazy patching, where the patch script gets run at boot.
many of our lab systems are dual boot so I cannot rely on a cron job.