[Yum] Feature Request Satus ...

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 17 17:33:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 05:22:08PM +0200, C.Lee Taylor wrote:
> Greetings ...
>
>    Just been wondering about the status of a few features which have
> been requested ...
>
>    First, would like to ask for one, download recovery, I am sure this
> has been asked for, but has anyone looked at this?  Again, been in South
> Africa, a download of the kernel packages which stop's anywhere of 1% of
> download, and be a frustrating happing ...

Yes.  This is definitely planned.  It will be in 2.1.x soon, and then
will be in 2.2.  I guarantee it.  It will probably not be in 2.0.x,
unless we do a backport (which may be reasonable... it depends on how
the crafting of a new urlgrabber goes).

There are relevant technical details that go beyond "how do you do
it".  I know how to do it, but implementing it in the most direct and
obvious way would result in a significant duplication of effort and
some very not-pretty code.

>    Second, I saw work been done on the progress indicator of downloads,
> when would this make it into production?

That should be easy, I think.  I don't know what seth's plans are
there.  I think they're currently in the dailies, so e would expect
the next 2.0.x release will have them.

>    Thrid, package fall over, not yum repo fall over, has any one looked
> at that?

Not sure what you mean by that.

					-Michael

--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305