[Yum] Feature Request Satus ...

Hedemark, Magnus mhedemark at trueposition.com
Fri Oct 17 15:28:07 UTC 2003

C.Lee Taylor [mailto:leet at leenx.co.za] said:
>     First, would like to ask for one, download recovery, I am
> sure this
> has been asked for, but has anyone looked at this?  Again,
> been in South
> Africa, a download of the kernel packages which stop's
> anywhere of 1% of
> download, and be a frustrating happing ...

This is a very valid point, IMHO.  Here in the US we tend to take bandwidth
for granted, but the situation is much worse in other nations that are
otherwise very modern.  This may be more of a urlgrabber feature request
than a yum request, no?

> P.S. Using RedHat Linux and rpms makes one very lazy ...
> thanks for yum ...

<nose color="brown">Yum and Kickstart (which I use together) have certainly
made my job less hectic.  I owe Seth a beer next time I'm in Durham (which
might be in December, after Christmas)</nose>