[Yum] Request: yum clean oldpackages

Paul Dickson dickson at permanentmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:24:40 UTC 2003

Would it be reasonable to request a "clean oldpackages" clean option.  I'd
like yum to remove old rpms from the the package directory that have been
superceeded by rpms with that package directory.

In other words, my repository for RH9 Updates has several RPMs that
superceed each other, I'd like yum to delete the older versions of the
RPMs, but only within that repository (the RH9 Updates), so I can write
the contents of the package directory to CD-R for use in a new install.

	-Paul