[Yum] What are the real debug and error levels?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Oct 12 21:35:56 UTC 2003

> So what are the real debug and error limits?

There are only practical and used limits - there is no techinical limit.

the numbers correspond to numbers in log() and errorlog() entries in the
program. I've only used 0-10.

So the relative limits are 0-10.

you could do -d 100 if you'd like it just won't be any more useful than
-d 10

> I think the limits and defaults should appear in both manuals, or if
> only in one of them, a reference should be inserted to the other manual,
> like: "For more info see man yum.conf"

if you'd like to submit patches for updates to the man pages send them
to bugzilla and I'll try to merge them in.

Thanks.