[Yum] Feature request(s)

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Thu Oct 9 11:37:20 UTC 2003

And this would work MUCH better in a environment with change control
active.  I can't use yum on production machines because it 'might' pull
in something that I do not have permission to upgrade.  Better to
download first, verify it is correct, then install the specific packages
with rpm directly under the control of an enterprise scheduling regime
(we use Control-M and Tivoli).  If yum found other dependencies than
expected, then the change fails and you try again later.

'Enterprise' is so much fun....

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE                                jim at rossberry.com
http://www.rossberry.com