[Yum] upgrade and update

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Thu Oct 9 04:51:51 UTC 2003

This sounds like a good idea.  It makes things easier for the
uninitiated to understand.

I'd like to take this opportunity to revisit the issue I raised a
while ago in
	https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2003-August/001777.html

Basically the issue is that "obsoletes" can mean two things, and we
need a way to distinguish between them.

Specifically "I obsolete him" can mean either of:
	1) If you install me, you must remove him.
	2) If you have him installed, then you must remove him and
install me instead.

The are different, and result in different actions, so we need a
way to tell yum which version of "obsolete" we mean.

Thoughts?

Rick