[Yum] Feature request(s)

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Thu Oct 9 01:09:05 UTC 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Garrick Staples wrote:

> The reason why yum should do it because yum can pick the correct file,
> and knows exactly where it is located.  ftp/web clients don't know this.

And this is it's advantage.  Say I want to build an install image from
the repositories available to me.  wget works if all the rpms are in one
place and there is only one version of each file.  Otherwise I have to
mirror/slurp/wget/curl the whole mess, then run some sort of management
script on my side to sort it out.  yum would let me download the right
things in the first place.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE                                jim at rossberry.com
http://www.rossberry.com