[Yum] Feature request(s)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 23:07:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 18:54, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:40:52PM -0400, Jeremy Katz alleged:
> 5) I want to install the rpm with a different root.

Amazingly, yum has support to do this for you ;-)
--installroot=/path/to/root

> 6) I want to grab a single file out of the rpm.

Then you don't want to install it, you want to download it.  wget is a
lovely thing ;-)   Doing this in yum buys you nothing (except extra code
in yum)

> 7) I want to inspect the scripts and possibly install it with --noscripts.

Ditto.

Package installers install packages, downloading is mostly a side
effect.

Cheers,

Jeremy