[Yum] Feature request(s)

Christopher C. Weis christopher-c-weis at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 7 21:28:00 UTC 2003

I'm fairly new to Yum, but it's been great for me thus far.  Regardless,
there are two features that I would love to see yum have...

1) Support for repackaging old rpms (such as the --repackage option to
rpm).  This is important, especially in a server'ish environment.

2) The ability to download, but not install, RPMs, using Yum.

The first is, I think, just a RPM flag that needs to be set, but I very
well could be mistaken.  The second I haven't researched yet.

I'm willing to make the changes myself, but I'd like to know if there is
any documentation (such as method descriptions and flow charts)
available.  There may be several ways to do this, so  if anyone could
point me in the right direction, I'd be greatful.

Thanks.

~Chris