[Yum] new daily 2.0.X release

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Oct 6 03:42:04 UTC 2003

Hi all,
 New yum daily - I swear this is what will become 2.0.4, no, really, I
swear :)

changes:
- implement search function
- modify the provides functionality
- make yum remove entries from the HeaderInfo nevral if the headers are
not accessible (caching-only mode enabled)
- disable progress bars for header.info downloads

That's right - I made a yum search function

yum search [somestring] will search the description, packager, name and
summary fields for [somestring]

it acts just like provides but it searches different fields.

I was working on the provides function anyway and decided to just do it
and be done.

The first person to ask me to have it search the changelogs gets
smacked. :)

Let me know what breaks

Tar Ball:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-20031005.tar.gz

src.rpm:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-2.0.3-20031005.src.rpm

noarch rpm - will work on most things with rhl 4.1.1 and higher:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-2.0.3-20031005.noarch.rpm