[Yum] Partial Updates

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 24 13:27:32 UTC 2003

> Warn.
> Without -y, yum's output could be:
>
> package quux needs xyz = 1.3 (not provided)
> foo, bar, baz cannot be updated.
> Proceed anyway? [y/N]:
> I will do the following ...
> Is this ok ? [y/N]:
>
> The option -y means: Answer yes to all (both) questions (if the man page is
> right).

you didn't respond to my other question - what if it is not a yum update
but a yum update foo* bar baz

> Installing fewer packages than requested should not be too shocking, given
> that all other dependencies are satisfied. Yum should output a warning,
> though.

Why isn't it shocking? If I've just asked my computer to do X and it
does X-3 I'm not surprised?

And should it sys.exit(0) or sys.exit(1)? It seems like an error state
to me. why should it complete successfully?