[Yum] Re: After successfully running, yum no longer works.

Geoffrey D. Bennett g at netcraft.com.au
Sun Nov 23 22:18:04 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 02:58:36PM -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:
[...]
> I did an strace on yum, apparently python unsuccessfully searched 40
> directories for a variation of SOCKS, before giving up and outputting the
> traceback.  The strace is 171KB, but I can provide the last part if anyone
> wants.
>
> 	-Paul
>
> FWIW, my system is somewhere between RH9 and FC1.

Hi Paul,

Strange as it seems, I can reproduce that error ("'module' object has
no attribute 'error'" and the rest of it) when any of the following
isn't installed:

  e2fsprogs-1.34-1.i386.rpm
  openssl-0.9.7a-23.i686.rpm
  krb5-libs-1.3.1-6.i386.rpm

Presuming you have the python from FC1, I'm guessing that installing
all of the above will get yum going again.

The actual library that isn't found occurs earlier in the strace; I
was looking for SOCKS libraries too :-).

Regards,
Geoffrey D. Bennett, RHCE, RHCX               geoffrey at netcraft.com.au
Senior Systems Engineer           http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/
NetCraft Australia Pty Ltd           http://www.netcraft.com.au/linux/