[Yum] URGENT: Can someone pls help?

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Sat Nov 22 22:42:21 UTC 2003

At 5:27 PM -0500 11/22/03, seth vidal wrote:
>  > Will know for sure in a bit if/when yum upgrade completes; download
>>  appears to have hung. Doesn't yum cache downloads? If I give up on
>>  this download, will it start from the beginning or where it left off?
>
>it has to check the packages it's downloaded to make sure they are
>valid, but yes, it caches the packages.

I thought so too. But last night's downloads completed too before the
rpm crash and it (seems) to have started downloading everything again
(didn't check closely, but at least 100 packages are downloading even
though last night's download succeeded). Maybe the rebuilddb exposed
new obsolete packages?

--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
   http://virtualschool.edu/mybank Digital Rights Management System