[Yum] URGENT: Can someone pls help?

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Sat Nov 22 21:50:19 UTC 2003

At 4:38 PM -0500 11/22/03, Joseph Tate wrote:
>Well, if your RPM database is broken you may be up a creek without a
>paddle.  The first thing you'll need to do is make a list of all the
>packages you currently have installed.  If you can manage a rpm -qa
>--queryformat="%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}.rpm\n" | sort >
>rpmlist.out, that will do.  Next you'll want to remove any __db.*
>files in /var/lib/rpm.  You may also want to back up that directory
>completely.

Somebody on another list recommended deleting /var/lib/rpm/PublicKeys
and rebuilddb. Seems to have nailed it cause rebuilddb completed fine.

Will know for sure in a bit if/when yum upgrade completes; download
appears to have hung. Doesn't yum cache downloads? If I give up on
this download, will it start from the beginning or where it left off?

>Next, run rpm -Va > rpmverify.out.
>
>There are other steps to take after this, but I need to get a better
>handle on what your problem is.  By the way, did you check
>bugzilla.redhat.com for that error message?

Yes. Its reported there and many other places acc'd google. I added
comments to the bugzilla report.
--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
   http://virtualschool.edu/mybank Digital Rights Management System