[Yum] URGENT: Can someone pls help?

Thomas Moschny moschny at ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Nov 22 21:56:31 UTC 2003

On Saturday 22 November 2003 14:02, Brad Cox wrote:

> Sigh, this is turning into a real nightmare. The yum upgrade download
> succeeded, but failed during the install:

> error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h#     904 Header V3 DSA
> signature: BAD, key ID 4f2a6fd2
> Segmentation fault

Maybe you have an old (expired) RedHat gpg key in your rpm database. Your
problem might be solved by removing all instances of this key and then
importing the new key, see
http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2003/09/msg00137.html
I had the same problem while updating from rh9 to fc1.

> I hope someone here can advise. The system is usable at this point
> but not upgradable so I'll live with it for now. I don't have a CD
> writer, so I'll order a new CD set. I think the only solution will be
> to do a clean install from the CDs, right? Its a real bummer because
> the yum upgrade download completed just fine and all that's missing
> is the install.

(Anyway, if you think your rpm database is corrupt, I would first try the
steps from http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/repairdb/, i.e. db_dump/db_load
Packages/rebuillddb, before creating a fake database or even reinstalling
everything).

  Thomas