[Yum] URGENT: Can someone pls help?

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Fri Nov 21 23:17:42 UTC 2003

I'm upgrading from RH8.0 to Fedora via the CD "update" (not clean
install) option. Seems the second CD is marginal (cheap distro)
because several files weren't found until I retried them. Eventually
failed altogether toward the end of the 2nd CD. I removed the CD and
rebooted and it came up in Fedora just fine, missing only httpd.

However it apparently didn't update yum.conf since /etc/yum.conf
still points to RH8.0 repos. I'm inclined to avoid the flakey CD
altogether and complete the upgrade with yum upgrade. Am I right that
this is the right thing to do? If so I'll need to manually change
yum.conf before trying this, right? Where can I get a fedora
yum.conf? PS: There's an /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew but that's for 8.0 too.
--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
   http://virtualschool.edu/mybank Digital Rights Management System