[Yum] Maintaining yum repositories

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Fri Nov 21 16:51:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Nielsen, Steve wrote:

> I want to keep my RedHat RPM repository up to date with the latest
> updates for new kickstart installs as well as yum'fying the same RPM
> area so my current installed machines can be kept up to date. The big
> problem is merging the new RPMs into the repository and deleting the old
> versions.
>
> Just curious what types of tools other people use to do this.
>
> What I have found so far is autoupdate . There is not much else out there.

What you want is (for a knowledge jumpstart):
http://www-gat.univ-lille1.fr/~hafidi/deploy_and_maintain_howto/html/index.html

Basically you're going to want to mirror the Red Hat repos (using ftp or
rsync) and then do some post processing on the repos to merge in the
updates.  I can;t seem to find anything in the HOWTO to update the
comps.xml file, but that information should be located in the yum mail
list archives.. As I think Seth has discussed how he does the Duke repos
before.

-n.. having a really bad typing day.

nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free