[Yum] Yum "article"

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Fri Nov 21 16:38:18 UTC 2003

I did the upgrade last night from RHL 9 to Fedora Core 1.  Here were my
issues:

gaim because of the changes to the aspell library (the merging of pspell
and aspell I assume) had a dependency that wouldn't resolve in the upgrade.
redhat-config-securitylevel, pine and postgresql-server had dependencies
on a library in krb5-libs that caused some problems.
Removing the packages, then installing them after the upgrade worked
just fine.

I'm having some problems with mysql, but I don't think that's due to the
upgrade.  I think it's due to a buggy package.

As for the upgrade from RHL 8 to Fedora, I think the recommended way is
to upgrade to 9 first if you're going to use yum.  Otherwise use the CDs.

Joseph