[Yum] Yum "article"

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Fri Nov 21 15:50:35 UTC 2003

Mind a suggestion for your article?

In view of the fedora vs RHN hoohah, there is gonna be a huge
interest in cross-distro upgrades. The  only mentions I've seen say
yum *might* work with a few "worked for me's", but nothing on when it
might not or what could happen when it doesn't.

I'm making backups right now, hoping to upgrade from RH8 to fedora
from a cheapo CD set I bought for insurance, being unwilling to trust
the "might nots" above. Plan to do a clean install preserving only
the /home partition, then use yum to update from there. It would be a
HUGE help if someone had researched RH8 and RH9 to fedora conversion
via yum and reported the results.
--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
   http://virtualschool.edu/mybank Digital Rights Management System