[Yum] Odd question

Chris Geddings chris at geddings.org
Thu Nov 20 12:40:40 UTC 2003

Additionally, you will need to have rpm installed, or at least the
libraries available.  Yum, as much as reasonably possible, lets the
RPM libraries do the work with the package files themselves (I mean, it
already does that part pretty well)  allowing yum to concentrate on
doing other things well.

So, if you can get rpm installed on your system with the appropriate
python libraries  (rpm-python and libxml2-python, I believe), you will
probably be able to run with it.

--Chris