[Yum] Odd question

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at naeblis.cx
Thu Nov 20 05:36:43 UTC 2003

I don't see any reason why yum-arch would give you problems on debian
(you might be able to run it on windows). Yum can be installed from
tarball [1] with the standard ./configure; make; make install. You may
need to play around to install under /usr/local or whatever.

Alternatively, you could run yum-arch on a different machine and just
copy the resulting headers directory to the debian box.

An even better option might be to consider mirroring from a site that is
already yumified, such as mirror.dulug.duke.edu or downloads.fedora.us.
This will remove the need to run yum-arch at all.

- Ryan

[1] http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/2.0/yum-2.0.4.tar.gz