[Yum] Yum "article"

Cliff Kent cliff at villagevisions.com
Wed Nov 19 19:46:14 UTC 2003

 From your previous message, I came up with 5 possibilities to test:

These two work:
baseurl=file:///mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1
baseurl=file:/mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1

These three don't work:
baseurl=file://mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1
baseurl=file://./mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1
baseurl=/mnt/net/rocketj/install-disks/FedoraCore/FC1

The three failures give different messages, but all three give up
without doing harm.

 >> NFS might actually be more efficient. <<

I can't guess at that. My NFS export machine is 4-10 times faster than
my little local web server. The 100Mbs ethernet may be the slow part for
both.

Regardless, I'll pick:

baseurl=http://192.168.1.5/yum/FC1/base

because the boxes that "visit" my shop net won't need network setup
changes in order to upgrade or install something.

I'll finish looking at your article soon.

Cliff Kent