[Yum] Yum "article"

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Nov 19 19:17:44 UTC 2003

> That's the hard thing to convey -- yum makes huge blocks of what used to
> be true PITA sysadmin chores absolutely trivial.  So trivial that in
> lots of cases a system owner does "nothing", and they just happen
> (leveraging SOME little effort put in by Seth and Michael and a bit more
> effort put in by their local administrator).

This is offtopic for this list but I'll bring it up anyway. If you find
yum has helped you free up some available time for other things please
consider contributing to the fedora legacy or fedora core(especially the
bug triaging) projects. Or contribute to the Caos(I think I got the
capitalization wrong) project. If yum is helping you then maybe you have
time available to help others.

If anyone wants more information on either of these projects google is
your bestest friend. :)

http://fedora.redhat.com/ - fedora core project
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraTriage - fedora bug triage
http://www.fedora.us/QA/ - fedora.us QA queue