[Yum] yum 2.0 on RH8: where to get rpm-4.1.1?

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Wed Nov 19 13:27:30 UTC 2003

Sorry for asking this question, because I know it's been answered before.
I've googled and checked my saved email, however, and I can't find the
answer.

I want to install yum 2.0 on an RH8.0 box.  I'd like to run the newest
urlgrabber, and I understand yum 2.0 is required.  I'm running yum
1.0-1_80.

However, I need a new rpm package.  I get:
  rpm >= 0:4.1.1 is needed

I also get this when I try to install yum 1.98.  I have the RH8.0 version
of rpm-4.1-1.06 installed.

Where can I get a copy of rpm 4.1.1?  Is it known to work with RH8.0?

Thanks.