[Yum] Yum "article"

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Nov 18 20:15:02 UTC 2003

For a variety of reasons, I've written an article on yum that might
serve as an introduction.  It is NOT a manual, NOT a HOWTO.  It's a bit
long (but fairly complete). People who were looking for relatively
simple non-man-page non-HOWTO documentation are encouraged to give it a
look, and it is of course open for comments and corrections as well.

It has lots of examples (and more are welcomed).  The last couple of
sections will likely be cloned into the HOWTO soon as well, finishing it
off.

Note the OPL.  You can copy and use it as you wish, as long as you don't
resell it for a profit without dickering with me first.

See:

  http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_article/yum_article/

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu