[Yum] Yum, cron.daily and init.d

Jeff Smith jeff at smithicus.com
Sat Nov 15 18:34:59 UTC 2003

So, I was planning to stick yum in my cron system when lo and behold -
there it is. (I guess the yum rpm install set all that up for me.)

But I can't find any documentation on this. The yum.cron is looking for
/var/lock/subsys/yum, so I'm guessing I have to "turn it on" but I'm not
sure how I'm intended to do that.

Once it IS running, I presume that it will log its activity to
/var/log/yum.log and I can check there to see what it's been doing while
I was asleep.

Are there any whitepapers or HOWTOs anywhere that walk through these
details?

Jefficus