[Yum] upgrading from RH9 to Fedora 1

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:22:48 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:18, Laura Falk wrote:
> I don't see anything in the yum-repository on mirror.dulug.duke.edu.
> Will the fedora distribution be eventually added or is there some
> other yum repository that we could use to upgrade to the new fedora
> distribution?

you can use the one's listed in the yum.conf that comes with fedora core
1.

or use these two[three] baseurls:
this is where $releasever = 1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever