[Yum] work dublication

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:46:13 UTC 2003

> Can you tell us where this metadata discussion is going on? The person
> that wrote our rpm updating tool would like to see what's going on so we
> can use the same format.

Give us some more time to finish out the major points of the discussion.
It's mostly been a negotiation b/t the
apt-rpm/apt-deb/redcarpet/redhat-config-packages/rpm/up2date/yum
developers and a few other directly-interested parties.

There will be a document posted with the information as soon as
reasonable. This won't be a final, it will be a public draft for others
to comment on and for changes to be made.

bear with us but I think you'll find the format is flexible and
functional. But releasing something too early, especially for a
specification, will do no one any good.