[Yum] Re: work dublication

David Farning dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 17:01:21 UTC 2003

> >Do you have any tentative dates on this release of information?  I've
> >got the front end of my yum gui 90% done.
> >
> Wow! Can we see something from it? I mean screenshots or may be
> partitaly working code?

It is nearly a direct port of synaptic 0.45 to python.  In fact, It uses
the exact same *.glades,  Why reinvent the wheel?  Current I am working
on the the pygtk treeViews and treeModels.

I originally started with the intention of wrapping the existing gtk
code for these views and models in in pygtk wrappers.  But they have
several ATP dependencies that I would like to get away from.  So, I am
rewriting them from scratch.  That rewrite to a large extent that depend
on Seth's new work.

If anyone is interested, I can post the existing (often not buildable)
source somewhere.

Dave Farning