[Yum] Re: work dublication

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 10 16:04:21 UTC 2003

> Do you have any tentative dates on this release of information?  I've
> got the front end of my yum gui 90% done.  Now just waiting on your
> recommend apis.

I'd love to get a finalized version of the format out by the end of
november but I'm not going to placing any bets on that :)

> Can I start working based on current the current nevral? Or should I
> just enjoy autumn in Wisconsin until you finish your updates ;)

Sure, go for it.

> I've pretty much decided not to work directly with fedora, I'm a little
> too new and thin skinned to work with that crowd.

In defense of the 'fedora crowd' there are always lots of people who can
be harsh but the people I've encountered who do a lot of heavy lifting
for problems are really good about what they do and how they treat
others: examples brent fox, adrian likins, jeremy katz, panu matilanean
to name just a few there are LOTS more.

Stick to fedora-config-list and I think you'll see more of those people
come to the front. Flamewars happen but for the most part the people
I've encountered are pretty reasonable and helpful.