[Yum] Re: work dublication

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 10 11:01:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:30:30PM +0300, Grigory Bakunov wrote:
> For all who work on contribs for yum (patches and stuff).
> I propose to answer to this message and write what you do.
> It's help to remove work dublication and save lots of freetime for us :)
> For good start - i work on:
>    - removable media support patch
>    - massconfig support patch
>    - YUM i18n (especialy for russian).
> I want to work also for
>    - Yum GUI
>    - Server scoring (need to update patch to current cvs state)
>    - basic zsh and bash completion for yum

I work on yum 2.x for RH7.3 upwards. Involves more than patching yum,
especially it goes hand in hand with using rpm >= 4.2 for the same set
of platforms. I hope for consolidation in that area, so that people
can concentrate on improving one branch only.

As soon as I get enough feedback (to few RH7.3 Yum 2.0.4 testers up to
now, but the few seem to be doing fine ;), I'll start bugging Seth for
making yum 2.0.4 RH7.3 ready :)

It also depends on the outcome of fedora-legacy/RH to upgrade or not
all rpm versions to >= 4.2 or not (there are good arguments for
both). But patching yum 2.x to be RH7.3 ready is not hurting in either
case, I guess.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de