[Yum] Re: Upgrade rpm to the latest version.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu May 29 04:51:35 UTC 2003

On 29 May 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> > I know what you wrote but just to be clear I can do rpm-e on the following:
> >
> > (tigger pts5) $ rpm -qa | grep rpm404
> > rpm404-python-4.0.5-1.8x
> > librpm404-4.0.5-1.8x
> > (tigger pts5) $
>

> or
> you could even yum -y erase rpm404-python librpm404 and you'll notice it
> doesn't do the disk space check on only-erasures anymore.
>
> muah, muahahahahahah
>
> (feeling a bit odd this evening, sorry)

Welllllllll, although I went ahead with it anyway not everyone might
want to. See below:
(icarus pts4) # yum erase rpm404-python librpm404
Server: Rogue Red Hat Linux 8.0 base
Server: Rogue Red Hat Linux 8.0 docs
Server: Rogue local icarus 8.0 updates
Server: Rogue 8.0 local updates
Server: Rogue Red Hat Linux 8.0 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
..Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[erase: librpm404.i386]
[erase: rpm404-python.i386]
I will erase these to satisfy the depedencies:
[deps: firstboot.noarch]
[deps: redhat-config-packages.noarch]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Erased:  librpm404.i386 rpm404-python.i386 firstboot.noarch redhat-config-packages.noarch
Transaction(s) Complete
(icarus pts4) #

I decided I did not need the other packages but..... ;-))
FWIW the above also takes out anaconda if installed but you are correct no disk
space ck. ;)

One more question, when rm packages does it really need to find updated packages
and and dload needed headers?? I could maybe see the headers but updated
packages??

Thanks for the help,

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl at rogueind.com	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)