[Yum] Re: Upgrade rpm to the latest version.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed May 28 19:58:02 UTC 2003

Hi Seth,
I moved this thread over from the rpm list since it is now a yum question.

Given the discussions on upgrading RHL 8.0 to rpm 4.1.1 and given that
I would then need to upgrade yum is this something I can let yum do or do
I need to go to the machines and do it from the rpm command line??

I am wondering if this might be a chicken and an egg thing. If I upgrade rpm to
4.1.1 will the 1.0.x yum be able to upgrade itself to 1.97+ or If I upgrade yum
first will yum 1.97+ be able to upgrade rpm to 4.1.1. It is not really that big
a deal to do it by hand t is only 3 or 4 machines but if you tell me it should
work I would like to test it. I will most likely use the latest yum daily to
do this.

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl at rogueind.com	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)