[Yum] yum-tool

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat May 24 06:19:01 UTC 2003

> Still, at least one good thing about a root/user split is that LOTS of
> yum users would only have to learn the informational unprivileged verb
> (command) set; splitting it would actually make their task easier.  This
> could, maybe, balance the otherwise mostly negative aspects of a split.
>
>    rgb

a couple of responses:

1. the rpmbuild split has existed for 3 yrs - it's just that rpm has
been legacy-ing the rpm -ba stuff over for a while - it got phased out
in rpm 4.1

2. the reason I brought up the yum-tool thing now was so that as
complexity increases I don't have to do the "keep rpm being able to do
the rpmbuild commands for a few years while people adjust" sort of work
that jeff had to do.